My first day is drawing to a close and I have committed a working signup page and login page. It’s not a bad outcome, but I feel I should be even further ahead.
Still fighting my enemy
I had a lot of code cleanup to do because I was in the middle of converting my code to be more DDD-friendly and SOLID before this started. This kind of premature optimization always ends up bogging me down.
It’s always a real challenge to balance learning how to do new things and being productive.
Tomorrow I plan on tackling the Helthe API code that is also in its own transitionary phase and get it in working order. I have a couple of small essays I would like to publish as well. We’ll see how all this goes!
I don’t have a screenshot to share today because I am just using auto-generated HTML directly. It’s functional, but that’s it. I might try to take a look at making things prettier tomorrow as well if I finish early (ha!).
It dawns on me I should have probably put a line item for design. I am not a designer. I did a great job in a short time for my current marketing site, but I think this might end up being pretty time-consuming overall. I will probably just scramble to dress everything up and do a proper design pass after the week is over.
Keep up with my progress
As always, I’ll be sending updates of what is going on with the project to my mailing list. You can subscribe here!